Thursday, November 7, 2013

Introduction: Me and My Blog

Hi everyone! So, I know this is only my second post, but I thought now would be a good time to step back from the topic of makeup for a moment and introduce myself and my blog.

My name is Rachel, and I'm currently a full-time student. I love all things beauty related and have a somewhat unhealthy addiction to eye shadow! I also have a love for history and all things paranormal, and I'm incredibly uncomfortable in swimming pools. I've been a vegetarian for about four and a half years now, and I plan to continue my diet for the rest of my life. I know some of that was very random, but I hope this helps you get to know me a little better!

Now for the beauty part of things. I first started playing around with makeup almost four years ago, in an attempt to conceal the redness I have on my face and change the way I looked. I was self-conscious and thought that makeup was my ticket to looking like a different person. Over the years, I've learned that makeup is about enhancing your natural beauty, not changing yourself. Unless you're a Hollywood makeup artist or a drag queen, you don't need the harsh dark brown contour or the crazy false eyelashes. Don't get me wrong, you can contour or wear false lashes all you want, but there are ways to do this more subtly so that you'll look more natural. I understand that some people prefer more dramatic makeup looks, and that's totally fine! Just remember that when you use your features to your own advantage, makeup can be a very powerful thing.

Throughout this blog, I will be sharing my thoughts and opinions about different products and trends in the world of beauty. I believe that one of the most important things to do as a blogger is to be honest and genuine about everything you talk about. I will never say I like a product if I don't and vice versa. However, please keep in mind that there will always be products that work for some people but don't work for others. My goal is to share my passion with you, and I hope you find this blog informative or useful in some way. I will be posting weekly depending on how busy I am.

There are tons of beauty blogs emerging these days, so I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read mine. I really appreciate it!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to leave questions, suggestions, and requests below!

No comments:

Post a Comment