Monday, March 24, 2014

Palette Review: Stila In The Know Eye Shadow Palette

To anyone who may have previously visited my blog, I just want to quickly apologize for being absent for the past few months. I started this blog during a very busy time in my life, which obviously wasn't the smartest idea! However, I'm back and hoping to start posting much more regularly from here on out.

Today I will be reviewing the In The Know eye shadow palette from Stila. I have owned this for quite some time now, nearly a year, so I've had plenty of time to test this out and incorporate it into many different looks. This palette could be considered a sort of "dupe" for the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, although the one by Stila has ten shades instead of six. I don't own the Naked Basics palette so I can't compare the two, but the In The Know palette definitely has more variety to it.

All ten shades in this palette are completely matte, making it a great "starter" palette for anyone new to makeup. Matte shadows also tend to work much better than shimmer for mature women.


shades from left to right
top row: air, wind, desert, clay, earth
bottom row: driftwood, fire, rain, smoke, ebony

As you can see, the first two shades are extremely close to my skin tone. Air is a true cream color, while wind has a bit more of a peach tone in it.  

Overall, the smooth formula and impressive pigmentation is very consistent throughout the palette. The only color I have an issue with is earth (top right corner). While the pigmentation of this shade is still good, the texture is not quite as smooth and tends to look a bit patchy. Other than that, I must say this palette is of very high quality!

This palette can be found at Sephora and Ulta for $39, which I personally think is a great price for what you get. The palette contains 14 grams of product, and also comes with a Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in the shade Halfmoon as a little bonus.

All ten shades are very simple and true to color, as well as gorgeous alone or in combination with other shadows! The shade clay is one of my all time favorite transition colors to put in the crease.

I hope this little review was helpful! If you have any questions that I did not address, feel free to leave them below. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and check out my blog.

p.s. I apologize for the blurry photo, I'm still working on how to get a good angle!

No comments:

Post a Comment